Star Citizen is not a “pipe dream” says studio founder, won’t take decades to finish

owner
Site Admin

Star Citizen is not a “pipe dream” says studio founder, won’t take decades to finish

Post by owner »

Some discussion on the current state of Star Citizen, and its roadmap, bubbled over on the space game's official forums, prompting a response from one of the lead developers. Chris Roberts, founder of developer Cloud Imperium Games, has reiterated that what the team are making isn't a pipe dream, and won't take decades to fully release. The reply was given in a thread that began on a discussion of some planned additions, like a room atmosphere system, then devolved into a back-and-forth on the level of feedback Cloud Imperium deals with, and what the endgame actually is. In a long response, Roberts states that players don't often see the full picture, and that he hasn't compromised on his original vision for the MMO game. "I sense from your reply to me that it’s the time taken and priorities that you’re frustrated with, as you feel like we’re focusing on the wrong things. I can see that point of view, but you’re looking at it from the outside without the full knowledge of exactly what it will take, and the order it needs to be done in to deliver the gameplay that will set Star Citizen above everything else," He writes. "This is the game I’ve dreamed of my whole life. Now I am in a position to realize it, I am not willing to compromise it’s potential because it is taking longer than I originally envisioned."

Source: https://www.pcgamesn.com/star-citizen/pipe-dream